Monday 2nd November, 2020
Confirmed case of COVID-19 within school
We have been advised this morning that there has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the school during half term.
We know that you will find this concerning but would like to assure you that we contacted Public Health England and the DfE immediately, have followed their instructions and will continue to follow their advice and guidance.
The affected case has been absent from school since 24th October for half term holidays. NO adult or child has been identified as a close contact and therefore no one needs to make any changes to their usual routine. School remains open and your child should continue to attend if they remain well.
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of:
- a new continuous cough and/or
- a high temperature and/ or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
If your child, or anyone in your household, develops these symptoms, you whole household must remain at home and not go to work, school or public areas. You should arrange testing for the person who has developed symptoms. When the result is known further advice will be available.
Testing can be arranged by calling 119 or via the NHS website: nhs.uk/coronavirus.
There are things we can all do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards